Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Missing person | Anyone in or near Albuquerque, N.M. | ANTHONY HOWELL

[Let me start by apologizing to you, dear readers, for being absent from my blog for so long.  It has not been anything bad that has kept me away, but merely life getting in the way of living it.  I hope you have all been well.  I plan to be much more attentive in the future.]

I begin this first posting in a while with news about a missing person.  The son of a dear friend of mine has gone missing and I am putting out the word as much as I can.  I have posted this on my Facebook accounts and my Google+ account, and now here.


The young man's name is Anthony Howell.  He is twenty-three years old and currently stationed at the Army National Guard, 11 Bravo, in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  He recently served a nine-month tour of duty in Egypt, near the Gaza Strip, from 2012-2013, during the riots during then-Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi's time in office.  The picture below is his receiving a medal for serving in the Multinational Force of Observers (MFO), a peace-keeping security force for trade between Egypt and Israel.  The MFO was started as a result of the 1979 peace treaty between Egypt and Israel.


His mother, Bridget, describes him as a personable young man who is easy for anyone to like after meeting him.  He currently suffers from PTSD after his tour in Egpyt.  Bridget and the whole family are very concerned, as you might imagine, about Anthony's well being.

He was last seen in his white Ford Focus heading to a bad section of Albuquerque known as the "War Zone", so named for the high levels of crime that occur there.
                                                                                 
If you are in or near Albuquerque, N.M., and have ANY information on the whereabouts of Anthony Howell, I urge you to call the Albuquerque Police Department at (505) 256-2050 or message me here.  If you contact me, I will get the information passed along to his mother immediately.

Please keep Anthony, his mother and family in your thoughts, prayers, well-wishes, positive energies, etc.  I will post updates here as they come in.

Terry

2 comments:

  1. I don't know who you are, but THANK YOU VERY MUCH for posting this about my nephew. I have shared it on my Facebook Page and asked others to share.
    Thanks again!!!!
    Aunt Jonie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome! His mom, Bridget, and I are ling-time friends, prior to her and Bobby moving south. I just hope he's found soon!
    Warm regards,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete