Thursday, May 19, 2022

I'm In a Desperate Situation and I Need Help

Hello dear readers,

Not only did I not want to be in this kind of a situation in my life, I also did not want to go so widely public about it as I am with this blog post.  Things in life don't always go the way you want, so here I am.  I would rather have written about some topic, likely in the news, as was normal for me here, but I'm in a desperate situation and I really need help.  So, it gives me no pride, but here I am, begging for help.  The link I will be providing (below) has more of the story, but here is what I can fill you in on without repeating too much of the description in the page the link take you to. 

I moved in with my mom to take care of her back in 2004.  In 2019, the bank was going to foreclose on her house, and I kept that from my mom so she didn't worry at her age.  (She was 87 years old at the time.)  We had talked years prior about maybe selling her place to be able to pay off bills, hers and mine, since all the interest was slowing down our paying them off.  (That was what I was telling her to get her to go along with selling the house.)  I was able to get a buyer and we sold in February of 2020.  After paying off a lot of immediate bills, we didn't clear much.

My plans to supplement money coming in to the household fell through due to COVID-19.  We were able to just get by with only the fixed income she had coming in.  I had a car accident in June of last year and my car was totaled.  While stopped at a stop light, I was rear-ended and the impact was so hard, I got shoved into the intersection and hit another vehicle.  (I was relatively okay, mostly just back issues, but it could have been far worse.  I was very lucky.)




Sadly, in February of this year, my mom died at the age of 90.  I had been taking care of her for eighteen years.

It has been almost a whole year without a replacement car and finding work when you have no car is extremely difficult.  I have had no luck at all, and it has been very frustrating and very depressing.  Thus, I have no income, and as you all know, nothing comes free.

As a result, I am writing to you today for help.  I don't know how many of my regular readers still come around, but since I officially ended it over three years ago (even I posted two more times since), I have popped in here now and then and have seen approximately 3,000 more additional views.  So, I'm hoping to appeal to the kindness of your hearts.

I started a fundraiser on a site called GoFundMe back in April.  When you click on the link, however, you'll see that it has not been doing very well.  I didn't set a ridiculously high amount as a goal -- at least I didn't think it was high -- because I was seeking enough to buy me some time to find employment while being able to stay here.  Only 11% of my goal has been raised so far.

Incentives are good things, so I am offering one related to this fundraiser.  If the full amount can be raised, I will return to this blog and restart The Keyboard Commentarian.  

If you have any questions, please send me a message at the very bottom of the page (under Post a Comment).  I will get back to you.  

I apologize to you, dear readers, to have to do this, but I do hope you can help.  Please do!



Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment